YouTube is, well, a video product. So we thought, why not use videos to provide help to our users? That's where you come in...
We know you know how to make informative, creative videos -- the site's full of them. We're asking you to use your skills to create videos that we can embed in our Help Center. If selected, your video will be seen by many of the 1 million+ users who visit the Help Center each day!
To participate, here's what you need to do:
1. Decide which Help Center entries you'd like to make an original video about:
- Captions / Subtitles definition
- Editing my video
- Make a playlist
- How to upload
- Customizing channels
- Contact lists
- Transferring from camera to computer
- Add/Change Profile Picture
- Viewing Higher Quality Videos
- Video annotations definition
2. Upload your video to your YouTube account, then submit it through this page.
Here are a few tips to help you along the way:
- Keep it brief (1-2 minutes is perfect)
- Be creative, clear and 100% original
- Stay on topic (only submissions which address the Help Center entries included in the list above will be accepted)
- Have fun with it
The deadline for submitting your video is October 10, 2008, so get up off of your keester and make some videos to help your fellow users!
The YouTube Help Team