Each year, more than 130,000 avid fans attend Comic-Con International in San Diego to meet their favorite celebs and be the first to find out about what’s new in the world of comics and pop culture. For the first time, YouTube will be present, hosting a Fan Lounge in downtown San Diego to connect fans with some of the newest channels on YouTube, featuring many Comic-Con veterans.
On Friday, July 13 and Saturday, July 14 from 11am to 9pm, the YouTube Fan Lounge – located at 315 7th Avenue at K in downtown San Diego – will be open and free to the public, with live programming, exclusive premieres, celebrity Q&A’s and, of course, free schwag! Check out some of the channels and talent you’ll see:
- Blackbox TV featuring Tony E. Valenzuela (creator of Blackbox TV), actor Brea Grant & Zane Grant, and more.
- Geek & Sundry featuring Felicia Day, Veronica Belmont and Tom Merritt.
- Nerdist featuring Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Tournament of Nerds with Justin Donaldson and Hal Rudnick.
- Machinima Prime featuring Anna Popplewell (The Chronicles of Narnia), Tom Green (Dance Academy), Daniel Cudmore (X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Twilight Saga) and more.
- Stan Lee’s World of Heroes featuring Stan Lee himself, Jace Hall (The Jace Hall Show), Bonnie Burton (Author, Star Wars Craft Book), Adrianne Curry (America’s Next Top Model) and more.
- Warner Brothers debuts H+ The Digital Series – a riveting, futuristic series from producer Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects / X-Men: First Class) – followed by a Q&A with Alexis Denisof (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), David Clayton Rogers (Jane by Design), Sean Gunn (Gilmore Girls), and more.
- Plus other exciting programming from Shut Up! Cartoons, Mondo, MyDamnChannel, and LOUD.
Minjae Ormes, Movies & TV Marketing Manager, recently watched "Comic-Con Now & Then - Cocktails with Stan."